Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quest yon air

  1. martin.field@gmail
  2. I am a 2nd year PhD student.
  3. I was told I would learn how to cure my terminal disease.
  4. I've taken "this class" as offered by Christine Alvarado at Harvey Mudd. I've spent a year and two summers doing research in sketch recognition.
  5. In 10 years, I expect to be teaching a class very much like this one.
  6. I think the next biggest technological advancement in computer science will be sliced breadboards.
  7. My favorite course as an undergraduate was Algorithms, mostly due to the professor. Ask Drew I must have told him 100 times how awesome the professor was.
  8. No moves seem to have left a lasting impression on me. Recently, the best movie I've seen is Inception. Walking around in people's dreams interacting with their subconscious was a pretty cool idea.  I also think it would be really, really awesome to be able to architect entire worlds in such detail. I'll even forgive the poor scientific execution (if dream time is 20x slower, why do we hear the music at full speed? A: because it would sound awful at 20x and unimaginably bad at 400x slowdown).
  9. If I could go back in time, I guess I'd meet Jean Sibelius. I really like his music, but more importantly, the Finnish tend to have really cool accents.
  10. I'm from California. Yes, that means I hug trees, hate wearing shoes, drink lots of wine, and look just like a character from Baywatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You need a better browser to enjoy this page.
hide

Draw on my Blog!

Left click anywhere to start drawing. Right click to attempt recognition and to clear the screen. Recognition is powered by the $N recognizer. Contact me if you want your blog listed; for now please pick a symbol from that web page.

Legend