Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reading #4 Sketchpad

In this paper, Ivan Sutherland pioneers the (now gigantic) fields of computer graphics and human computer interaction, invents the idea of a sketch as input to external computational applications, and created a library of reusable sketch components. All in a day's work.

I had forgotten that solving for the forces on a bridge was one of the applications with Sketchpad. That sounds an awful lot like another project I've heard of before. I guess I should make sure to cite this paper when I write up Mechanix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You need a better browser to enjoy this page.
hide

Draw on my Blog!

Left click anywhere to start drawing. Right click to attempt recognition and to clear the screen. Recognition is powered by the $N recognizer. Contact me if you want your blog listed; for now please pick a symbol from that web page.

Legend